Melissa is an accomplished learning and development professional, with over 20 years’ experience across a number of industries in the public and private sector. She is passionate about the use of client-centred coaching both with individuals and teams to help them realise their potential and reach their goals. She is committed to the use of coaching conversations to help create cultures of empowerment and self-reliance.
Melissa also admits to being a huge fan of the work of Dr Brené Brown and following that passion, in 2019 she became a Certified Dare to Lead Facilitator. She uses this work to support people to develop their courage-building skills. Supporting them to face risk, uncertainty and emotional exposure with courage and clarity, live into their values, create and deepen connections in relationships and learn and grow from the failures, setbacks and disappointments that are inevitable when we are brave with our lives.
Melissa prides herself on her curiosity, passion for learning and ability to bring out the best in people, teams and organisations. She does this using her skills in facilitation, learning programme delivery, team and 121 coaching.
- Developing the coaching capability of organisation’s leading to a culture of empowerment and self-reliance
- Development and delivery of internal coach development programmes to support the development of a coaching culture
- Working with diverse senior leadership teams through 121 and team coaching to improve team effectiveness and deliver value for the organisation and its people
- Working with leaders to realise the power of quality conversations with their teams
- Design and delivery of leadership development programmes for a wide range of leaders, including senior level leaders as well as first time managers
- Coaching to support the transfer of learning from leadership development programmes enabling the business to truly embed behavioural change
- Coaching leaders transitioning into their first leadership role or into a senior level role
- MSc in Coaching and Behavioural Change from Henley Business School
- Certified Dare to Lead™ Facilitator
- Diploma in Team Coaching
- PROPHET profiling accredited practitioner
- OPQ Practitioner (BPS Occupational Test User Personality Level B)
- Accredited Situational Leadership II Facilitator
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development Certificate in Training Practice
- BSc (Hons) Applied Psychology and Computing
Professional Memberships & Accreditations
- Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
- Senior Practitioner – European Mentoring and Coaching Council
- Associate Certified Coach (ACC) – International Coach Federation