Positive Psychology emerged as a field of scientific study in the 1990s, concerned on human potential and the makeup of happiness and wellbeing; our thoughts, feelings and behaviour. It investigated
Positive Psychology emerged as a field of scientific study in the 1990s, concerned on human potential and the makeup of happiness and wellbeing; our thoughts, feelings and behaviour. It investigated how we could focus on our strengths instead of our weaknesses, on building a good life instead of fixing a bad one, on taking an average performance on to a great one and shifting those who are struggling into a functional level.
Roy F. Baumeister’s (2013) research showed that happiness and a sense of meaning in life do not necessarily go hand-in-hand, indicating that focusing on positive emotions alone will not bring the fulfilling and satisfying life you crave.
Join us for this one-off two-day course in Positive Psychology, which is aimed at trained or in-training coaches who are looking at taking the next step in their coaching practice.
This course will help you understand more about what motivates people, and about the pillars of a good life. You will develop a language to celebrate your clients’ strengths and become more clear about that thing that everybody seems to chase their whole life: Happiness.
Coaches will also gain a better understanding about the psychology of flourishing and human potential, and how the industry is now integrating positive psychology into the practice and focusing on character strengths, optimism, life satisfaction, well-being, gratitude, compassion, self-esteem and self-confidence and hope. How this subject offers us ways to apply its findings with individuals and groups.
You will also discover how coaches might work with clients who might have experienced negative thoughts, liming beliefs, depression and a lack of meaning in their lives.
The course has been recognised by the International Coach Federation as providing 12 hours of Continuing Coach Education and so can be used for coaches renewing their ICF credentials.
Through a rich mix of trainer-led sessions, peer practice and experiential exercises, you will explore:
- Introduction to the science of positive psychology and its short history
- Exploring the pillars of happiness and wellbeing
- The value of positive psychology in coaching
- Character strengths – what is right with you?
- Mindsets – A positive psychology perspective on change, stuckness, limiting beliefs and potential
- Resilience, mental toughness and post-traumatic growth
- Optimism – reframes, positive outlook vs explanatory style
- Flow, engagement and motivation
- Evidence-based applied positive psychology: Psychological interventions
- Positive psychology assessment and psychometrics
- The future of positive psychology – A positive tale about the dark side of life
If you want to find out more about what positive psychology can bring to your coaching approach check out this interview with the facilitator of this CPD, Yannick Jacob.
14 (Saturday) 10:00 am - 15 (Sunday) 5:30 pm GMT
There are no reviews for this event
Speakers for this event
Ticket Section Title
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!