the animas community spirit
Community is a word that gets used a lot nowadays but unfortunately it often remains just that, a word. For us though, community means something very real and very important. Whether online or in-person, we are huge believers in the power of community to enhance the learning experience and to support your ongoing feeling of connectedness to your profession, your practice and your vision. Animas now has nearly 2000 student coaches and qualified alumni and we’re passionate about connecting and empowering them to support one another as well as hosting events to bring people together.
Animas Connect and the Lounge on Facebook
First, the glue of our community are our two online platforms. Animas Connect is a professional alumni platform that enables our students and alumni to connect. Using a platform adopted by some of the world’s largest universities, our alumni can:
- See where any other Animas coach is in the world on an interactive map and connect to them.
- Join specialist interest groups, local coaching circles and communities of practice
- State and manage their own groups within the platform inviting members to join and managing all aspects of their group
- See all forthcoming events and books spots on talks, workshops and social events
- Access media resources of interviews, coaching sessions and lectures
- Access course resources, books and templates
Online platforms are great to act as a long-term glue, but for real community building nothing replaces live in-person events. We have a full-time Community & Events Manager, whose role is to create a lively, vibrant and interesting set of events for the Animas community. Across the year we have:
- Monthly lectures from thought-leaders and coaches sharing their journeys
- Workshops with expert trainers and authors leading the coaching field
- The Animas Summit featuring keynotes speakers from the coaching profession
- A range of social events including a Spring Party, Summer Picnic and Christmas Party.